Social Media News to Know: August 2021
At Tripepi Smith, we know it’s hard to stay up to speed on social media platforms when they constantly change. You may not always have the time to learn about the latest and greatest social media trends (let alone the luxury of resources and budget to implement them). Instead, let us provide you with a regular roundup of social media news we think you need to know:
- TikTok has confirmed a new feature coming soon to the app: TikTok Stories. Much like Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram, these posts will only be up for 24 hours and present a new way for users to reach their audiences.
- YouTube has added a new ‘Hashtag Autocomplete Suggestions’ option. This will help users find relevant hashtags to add while uploading a video, based on entered text and how often the hashtag is used. This provides users with insights on what hashtags to use to expand their audience.
- LinkedIn is adding a review element to profiles with ‘Services’ listed to allow those agencies to collect client Reviews and Testimonials. Profiles who have enabled ‘Services’ will also earn 20 credits to invite others to leave Reviews on their profile.
- Twitter is pausing the expansion of access to verification applications. This is not a complete halt of applications; rather, access to the application will be limited. If an application has already been submitted, it will still be reviewed and processed.
- Twitter has continued to change its design and layout to be more high-contrast by removing the use of the color blue to allow for posted photos to stand out more. This leaves users with a new advantage in driving an audience to their posts by including high-contrast photos.
- Twitter further developed Spaces with the addition of a co-hosting option and a new raised hand feature available to speakers, hosts and co-hosts to easily moderate discussions.
For more #AlwaysBeLearning insights from Tripepi Smith: