Who We Are
Tripepi Smith is a provider of marketing, technology and public affairs consulting services. Combining our years of experience in local government, technology and the marketing fields, Tripepi Smith offers a unique blend of skills to help our clients execute on their goals. The Tripepi Smith team stands ready to help you with your outreach campaigns, video production, content writing, messaging, graphic work, technology infrastructure and websites.
We are here to help.
Kalee Cummings is a creative analyst whose background has centered in public policy and the non-profit industry. Kalee brings a strong research background, which is evident in her experience as a student researcher for CMC’s Policy Lab and CMC’s Data Science Capstone programs. She also developed her professional skills with her experience in SOURCE, a student-led non-profit consulting group, where she gained client services and project management expertise. In her experiences, Kalee has developed a strong propensity for learning and delivering successful results in the fields of local government and marketing. She is a recent graduate of Claremont McKenna College, with a Bachelor of Arts in Government, concentrating in public policy and organization, and a sequence in Data Science.
Kalee is a certified Hootsuite Social Marketing Professional. Her client work includes Pivot Charter Schools and various redistricting projects.
Kendall Lowery is a capable analyst and communicator with a wide range of skills, including content strategy, writing, website management and more. With a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Writing & Rhetoric from Scripps College, Kendall is passionate about crafting concise, informative and accessible pieces of correspondence. She has honed her skills at organizations ranging from the Long Beach Post to online grocer Thrive Market, and has become a thorough researcher, a keen editor and a skillful SEO strategist.
Kendall is a certified Hootsuite Social Marketing Professional. Her clients include the City of Hawthorne, the City of Manteca and ICMA.
As a highly creative, curious and people-oriented individual, Sophia has grown a versatile set of skills including social media coordination, design, content creation and more. While attending Pitzer College, Sophia grew her professional experience through internships at art-based non-profits before earning her degrees in Studio Art and Art History. After graduation, Sophia combined her artistic background with digital marketing as she became a full-time social media content creator and ran a profitable international business selling her art. She then honed her technical skills further as the Social Media Coordinator for an up-and-coming vintage shop, ultimately growing the online presence of a small business and providing tools for continued social media success.
Sophia is certified in Hootsuite Social Marketing and Sprout Social.
Corporate ethics don’t just happen. They require a commitment from top to bottom in the organization. They evolve from a firm belief that work must be done openly, honestly and with the best of intentions for all parties involved.
Reputations take years to build. Trust is not bought; it is earned. In the areas that our firm operates, there is no room to equivocate or hide on matters of ethics.
We do work we would be proud to see appear on the front page of a major newspaper.
We identify our client list to prospective clients early in the process to ensure there are no conflicts of interest. We also review potential new clients with existing clients when even the slightest appearance of a conflict exists.
We are not politically engaged. While we don’t discourage our team from supporting people they like/know/trust, there is never a link between a political action or donation and the work we do for our clients.
If we make a mistake or fall short of client expectations (we are human – it does happen), we own it. We learn from it. We try to make it right.
On Camera, Straight from the Horse’s Mouth
Tripepi Smith President, Ryder Todd Smith, discusses the importance of ethics at the firm.
What are we looking for?
Tripepi Smith is seeking to revolutionize communications and marketing in the local government world. With our diverse array of services and mission to put thoughtful, holistic thinkers in front of clients, we seek people who can strategize and deliver on the communication needs of our clients.
Signs that you might be a good fit at Tripepi Smith:
- New technologies interest you
- Social media use comes naturally to you
- Writing is fun and you know how to tell a good story
- Public policy is interesting to you and you like to understand the role of local government in our daily lives
- Doing something different each day sounds exciting
- Attending local government meetings seems engaging
- Operating independently with no micromanagement is ideal for your personality
Backgrounds that are good indicators of your ability to add value at Tripepi Smith:
- Management Analyst with a local government agency
- Associate at a public affairs firm
- Reporter at a newspaper or magazine covering current events or a local government beat
- B.A. or B.S. in politics, communications, public relations, English, graphic design or an M.P.A.
- Field staff or legislative aid for an elected official
- Recently completed a graphic design degree from college
- Experience working for an industry or local government association
Key Benefits of Working at Tripepi Smith
- You get paid (depending on your level, we pay from $40K – $100+K plus spot bonuses).
- You usually get to work from home
(though we reserve the right to get an office someday).
- Your schedule is relatively flexible.
- You will learn a lot.
- We invest in ongoing education.
- We send you to conferences and other high-profile events.
- We provide you with nice computer hardware.
- We provide you with a iPhone.
- We offer an employer match 401(k).
- We offer healthcare benefits.
- Work with a team of nice people.
- Surround yourself with quality professionals.
- We take ethics seriously.
Roles we are currently recruiting for:
- WordPress Intermediate to Advanced Website Skills
- Junior Analysts
- Junior Graphic Designers