Who We Are
Tripepi Smith is a provider of marketing, technology and public affairs consulting services. Combining our years of experience in local government, technology and the marketing fields, Tripepi Smith offers a unique blend of skills to help our clients execute on their goals. The Tripepi Smith team stands ready to help you with your outreach campaigns, video production, content writing, messaging, graphic work, technology infrastructure and websites.
We are here to help.
Michael Egan is an accomplished local government executive with nearly 30 years of experience capped with 20 years of City Manager responsibilities in the cities of Bellflower and Norwalk. During his tenure as City Manager, he was active in regional governance and local government-affiliated groups. He is a Past President of the Gateway City Manager’s Group and former Chairman of the Gateway Cities Council of Governments City Manager’s Committee. He also served 18 years on the California Contract Cities Association’s Liability Trust Fund Oversight Committee and Claims Boards.
Michael’s many accomplishments include balanced budget management; multiple successful bond issues and improved agency bond ratings; implementing and expanding community policing programs, including the opening of a local Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Station; expanding recreation facilities by developing new parks, bicycle and walking trails, and public aquatics center; upgrading water and sewer infrastructure; successfully implementing local revenue measures; and executing on multiple economic development projects. Michael is passionate about local government and effective, ethical leadership.
He is an alumnus of Cal Poly Pomona, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Behavioral Science and was a founding member of the Cal Poly Chapter of Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology.
He lives in La Habra with his wife of 34 years, Teresa, a public schools administrator. He has a daughter, Jennifer, a local government professional; son-in-law, Nick, a Structural Engineer; and a granddaughter, Ellie, a curious and busy toddler.
Corporate ethics don’t just happen. They require a commitment from top to bottom in the organization. They evolve from a firm belief that work must be done openly, honestly and with the best of intentions for all parties involved.
Reputations take years to build. Trust is not bought; it is earned. In the areas that our firm operates, there is no room to equivocate or hide on matters of ethics.
We do work we would be proud to see appear on the front page of a major newspaper.
We identify our client list to prospective clients early in the process to ensure there are no conflicts of interest. We also review potential new clients with existing clients when even the slightest appearance of a conflict exists.
We are not politically engaged. While we don’t discourage our team from supporting people they like/know/trust, there is never a link between a political action or donation and the work we do for our clients.
If we make a mistake or fall short of client expectations (we are human – it does happen), we own it. We learn from it. We try to make it right.
On Camera, Straight from the Horse’s Mouth
Tripepi Smith President, Ryder Todd Smith, discusses the importance of ethics at the firm.
What are we looking for?
Tripepi Smith is seeking to revolutionize communications and marketing in the local government world. With our diverse array of services and mission to put thoughtful, holistic thinkers in front of clients, we seek people who can strategize and deliver on the communication needs of our clients.
Signs that you might be a good fit at Tripepi Smith:
- New technologies interest you
- Social media use comes naturally to you
- Writing is fun and you know how to tell a good story
- Public policy is interesting to you and you like to understand the role of local government in our daily lives
- Doing something different each day sounds exciting
- Attending local government meetings seems engaging
- Operating independently with no micromanagement is ideal for your personality
Backgrounds that are good indicators of your ability to add value at Tripepi Smith:
- Management Analyst with a local government agency
- Associate at a public affairs firm
- Reporter at a newspaper or magazine covering current events or a local government beat
- BA in politics, communications, public relations, English, graphic design or an MPA
- Field staff or legislative aid for an elected official
- Recently completed a graphic design degree from college
- Experience working for an industry or local government association
Key Benefits of Working at Tripepi Smith
- You get paid (depending on your level, we pay from $35K – $100K plus spot bonuses).
- You usually get to work from home
(though we reserve the right to get an office someday).
- Your schedule is relatively flexible.
- You will learn a lot.
- We invest in ongoing education.
- We send you to conferences and other high-profile events.
- We provide you with nice computer hardware.
- We provide you with a smartphone (iPhone or Android).
- We offer an employer match 401(k).
- We offer healthcare benefits.
- Work with a team of nice people.
- Surround yourself with quality professionals.
- We take ethics seriously.