Social Media News to Know: September 2021
At Tripepi Smith, we know it’s hard to stay up to speed on social media platforms when they constantly change. You may not always have the time to learn about the latest and greatest social media trends (let alone the luxury of resources and budget to implement them). Instead, let us provide you with a regular roundup of social media news we think you need to know:
- Instagram is currently testing a new ‘Map Search’ feature allowing users to find businesses and other locations through an in-app map that includes hours of operation, address and tagged posts. This offers agencies a unique way to be discovered.
- Google is giving users more control over ad automation elements. Display Ads currently provide automated target audiences based on what users respond to, but this update will offer enhanced targeting and a smoother process.
- Twitter testing has expanded throughout this month with developments on Professional Profiles, Spaces and image and video sizing. Twitter is allowing more businesses to apply for the Professional Profiles test and is implementing a ticketing system for paid-for Spaces sessions. Twitter’s test of the full-width visual display has launched, removing the rounded corners and stretching content to the edge of the screen.
- Twitter also is looking to provide users with more security through new control options. These privacy features include the ability to archive old tweets, remove individual followers without having to block, remove mentions of yourself from threads and hide your liked tweets.
- Facebook is launching a multitude of business tools, such as click-to-message ad options, a WhatsApp click-to-chat button for Instagram, a business survey feature for messaging, post testing to help users find the optimal post method and a new ‘Work Account’ option to allow business managers to create a profile separate from their personal account for Facebook Ads.
For more #AlwaysBeLearning insights from Tripepi Smith: