Team Tripepi Smith’s #ABL Wins: February 2022
Team Tripepi Smith continues to live by the mantra “Always Be Learning.” During the final week of 2021, the team earned a variety of new certifications that they plan to apply throughout 2022.
1. Director Jennifer Vaughn and Junior Business Analysts Josiah Solis, Nolan Voge, Josh Hernandez, Kayla Cao and Molly Alvarado earned the Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification. To achieve this certification, one must complete a six-hour training course, followed by a 60-question exam, where they must receive a score of at least 80%. They did so successfully and are now equipped with a deep understanding of the social media landscape.
“This course taught me the fundamentals of creating engaging content to grow online audiences,” said Josiah. “I look forward to applying what I have learned to the local government context and using my new skills to drive results for our clients.”
2. While Junior Business Analyst Charlie Mounts earned his Google Ads Display Certification for the first time, Junior Business Analyst Alexandra Applegate renewed hers for the second year in a row. They needed to complete interactive training courses, where they learned about the various ways Google Display Ads can be used to help agencies achieve their marketing goals and pass the certification exam with a score above the 80% threshold, allowing Tripepi Smith to continue qualifying for the Google Ads partner program.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to take courses like these and I appreciate Tripepi Smith for being so supportive of my professional development,” said Charlie. “I am always excited to learn technical skills in a new topic area and I am eager to apply what I have learned to my day-to-day client work.”
3. Junior Business Analysts Anne Jang and Alexandra earned their Constant Contact Solutions Provider Certifications. This is Alexandra’s third year holding the certification. Constant Contact is widely recognized as one of the most-used email management platforms in the marketing industry. Tripepi Smith consistently uses Constant Contact to create engaging email campaigns, newsletters, events and other marketing materials. Tripepi Smith is also a Constant Contact Partner.
“I am proud to have this certification to help our clients deliver important messages to their communities,” said Anne. “The platform serves as a powerful tool and vehicle for delivering essential information.”
4. Junior Business Analyst Cailyn Thompson earned her Facebook Blueprint Digital Marketing Associate Certification. Cailyn successfully completed a series of training modules and proceeded to pass a 90-minute exam covering core concepts. Cailyn is now well-versed in creating and managing Facebook advertisements and reporting on campaign metrics and results.
“Facebook has proven to be a key platform to assist local government agencies with their communications,” said Cailyn. “Thank you to Tripepi Smith for investing in my education! I look forward to leveraging these foundational advertising concepts in the New Year.”
5. Business Analyst Sydni Overly earned her Sprout Social Platform Certification. In the process, Sydni learned how to fully take advantage of one of the world’s largest social media management platforms. The training course and exam material covered three core functions: publishing, engagement and analytics.
“Sprout Social is becoming an increasingly important tool, as it is widely regarded as one of the most trusted social media management platforms,” said Sydni. “It is great to work for a company like Tripepi Smith that is committed to providing training opportunities to help our team succeed.”
6. Junior Business Analyst Kaetlyn Hernandez completed two courses from Udemy: “The Complete Graphic Design Theory for Beginners” and “Writing Tools Hacks.” The first course instructed on graphic design theory and the basic principles of color theory, typography, branding, logo design and layout. The second course was focused on developing writing skills and specifically offered tips for improving copywriting, blogging and content writing.
“Tripepi Smith truly understands the power of knowledge and supports the team to constantly build upon our current skills. I look forward to using what these courses have taught me to deliver engaging content for my clients,” said Kaetlyn.
7. Director Jennifer Nentwig, APR, completed four Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) seminars, specifically geared towards communications professionals: 1) Comms 2.0 for Business 4.0: Shifting from Firefighting to Futuring, 2) Brand Reputation and Crisis Management, 3) Future Trends of PR and Communications and 4) Navigating the New Normal of Communication in the ‘20s…and Beyond.
“I am a firm believer in Tripepi Smith’s Always Be Learning culture, which enabled me to participate in PRSA’s informative and thought-provoking seminars,” said Jen. “I enjoyed the opportunity to reflect on the future of communications and to think about how Tripepi Smith can be getting ready now to meet the future needs of our clients.”
8. Director Katherine Griffiths, APR, completed four Meltwater Academy courses: Social Listening with Explore: Foundations, Social Listening with Explore: Advanced, Creating Searches with Boolean: Foundations and Boolean: Advanced. Meltwater provides social media monitoring and engagement software that emphasizes analytics and focused engagement.
“As Tripepi Smith continues its engagement with Meltwater for a second year, I am excited to extend my understanding of this resource for the benefit of Tripepi Smith’s clients,” said Katherine. “My recent curriculum focused on how social listening helps companies monitor their brand and conduct competitor analysis and market research and how Boolean searches help increase the accuracy of results in the Meltwater platform.”
Congratulations to Team TS!
About Tripepi Smith
Tripepi Smith is a California-based marketing, technology and public affairs firm that serves for-profit, nonprofit and public agencies. Its unique mix of marketing and technology prowess provides a competitive advantage to agencies seeking to leverage the internet to achieve their communication goals. The firm provides full content creation services, including: ghost writing, collateral development, photography, video production, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing campaigns and website design and execution. Tripepi Smith clients include: City of American Canyon, City of Culver City, City of Cupertino, City of Daly City, City of Duarte, City of Grover Beach, City of Santa Paula, City of Indian Wells, City of La Cañada Flintridge, City of Lake Forest, City of Livermore, City of Napa, City of Paramount, City of Martinez, City of Tracy, City of Vallejo, CalChoice Energy Authority, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency, Santa Clara County Fire Department, Costa Mesa Sanitary District, Rowland Water District, California Contract Cities Association, California City Management Foundation, Renne Public Law Group, Bob Hall & Associates, West Coast Arborists and Climatec.