The City of San Bruno Forms Election Districts After Tripepi Smith’s Extensive Outreach
The City of San Bruno has completed the process of forming City Council districts, following months of community outreach and engagement conducted with the help of Tripepi Smith. The City Council adopted an ordinance establishing a by-district election system on March 22, 2022.
“Team Tripepi Smith was adaptive, creative and diligent in making sure San Bruno residents received information about the process and had the opportunity to participate,” said City Manager Jovan Grogan. “Their expertise on community outreach, design and marketing materials were invaluable throughout the process.”
Team Tripepi Smith worked to reach diverse communities within San Bruno by executing its multilingual and multifaceted approach, including:
- Designing and creating an independent website regarding the city’s district formation process at districtingsanbruno.org
- Writing and distributing six press releases
- Posting weekly social media posts advertising the districting process, upcoming hearings and various resources
- Designing three flyers promoting the city’s hearings and workshops
- Coordinating translations of materials in Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Conducting outreach to dozens of community groups via phone and email
- Facilitating an in-person and a virtual workshop to introduce the purpose of districting and the city’s mapping tools
- Creating a postcard encouraging resident participation in the process
- Participating in 5 hearings to discuss the city’s outreach efforts
- Designing and drafting content for a mailer sent after the district formation process notifying residents of the election system changes
“San Bruno set the bar high for district formation-related outreach,” said Jen. “It was a pleasure to work with the city and their dedicated staff.”
About the City of San Bruno
The City of San Bruno is located on the San Francisco Peninsula in San Mateo County and is home to nearly 44,000 people. It borders South San Francisco, Millbrae and the San Francisco International Airport. Incorporated in 1914, San Bruno is known as the “City with a Heart” due to its parks and residential neighborhoods.
About Tripepi Smith
Tripepi Smith is a marketing, technology and public affairs firm based in Orange County, CA. Its clients include for-profit, nonprofit and public agencies throughout the state of California. The firm’s unique mix of marketing and technology prowess provides a competitive advantage for organizations seeking to leverage the Internet to achieve their communication goals. Tripepi Smith provides full content creation services, including: ghostwriting, collateral development, photography, video production, search engine optimization, email marketing, crisis communications, social media management and website design and execution. Tripepi Smith clients include: City of Santa Ana, City of Culver City, City of Rolling Hills Estates, City of Tracy, City of Santa Cruz, City of Snoqualmie, City of Cupertino, City of Daly City, City of La Cañada Flintridge, City of Paramount, City of Huntington Beach, City of El Cerrito, City of Indian Wells, City of Yuba City, Santa Clara County Fire Department, Industry Business Council, NHA Advisors, CalChoice, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Rowland Water District, California Contract Cities Association, California City Management Foundation, League of California Cities, Institute for Local Government, Renne Public Law Group, Inland Empire Utilities Agency and Climatec Energy Services.