Team Tripepi Smith’s #ABL Wins
1. Director Cameron Grimm and Business Analyst Saara Lampwalla earned the Davenport Institute’s Professional Certificate in Leading Smart Communities, a program taught by government technology experts where participants learn about urban and community change, the importance of cybersecurity and new digital approaches to public engagement that reflect ever-changing online community needs.
“This course offers a unique, relevant and forward-thinking curriculum. With a deeper knowledge of how local government can be better prepared for an evolving community landscape, I am confident that I can assist our clients with navigating the challenges that come with it,” said Cameron.
“Staying up-to-date on policy and technology developments through #ABL opportunities, such as Leading Smart Communities, gives Tripepi Smith the knowledge necessary to create communications that resonate with people,” Saara stated. “I am excited to apply and offer insights about smart communities for the benefit of my clients and team.”
2. Director Jon Barilone earned the Davenport Institute Professional Certificate on Advanced Public Engagement, securing his knowledge in promoting and supporting constructive and broad-based civic involvement in government.
“Davenport Institute’s Advanced Public Engagement program taught me valuable skills in promoting civic engagement and leading the public. These newfound skills will prove to be especially useful for our clients looking to drive engagement within their communities,” commented Jon.
3. Director Katherine Griffiths, APR earned the California Association of Public Information Officials’ (CAPIO) J. Lindsey Wolf Certificate in Communications, including core coursework for public agency communicators in the areas of strategic communications, crisis communications, and ethics and communications leadership.
“Tripepi Smith is a Diamond-level sponsor of CAPIO,” said Katherine. “It is a privilege to leverage CAPIO’s training and educational resources and to learn alongside and be recognized by other public sector communication professionals.”
4. Business Analysts Molly Lockwood and Clare Burgess, and Junior Business Analysts Kaetlyn Hernandez, Allison Torres and Charlie Mounts earned their Constant Contact Solutions Provider Certifications. The Constant Contact platform is a well-known email list management and distribution platform and is Tripepi Smith’s most-used platform for email communications. The certification prepares users to create engaging newsletters, events and visual pieces and to build out contact lists. Tripepi Smith is also a Constant Contact Partner.
“Constant Contact is a powerful mass email solution we have leveraged for dozens of clients,” Allison commented. “Email is a vital touchpoint between any organization and its stakeholders and an important marketing tool. I look forward to doing more work in this space to help Tripepi Smith and our clients deliver important information to their communities.”
“At Tripepi Smith, we make this certification a priority because it’s such a tremendous resource for any local government agency. Tripepi Smith’s investment in my education on building effective email campaigns helps me grow as a professional and bring better services to our clients,” said Charlie.
5. Junior Business Analysts Melanie Moore, Charlie Mounts, Kalee Cummings, Skyler Addison, Kevork Kurdoghlian, Faith Chung and Cailyn Thompson earned the Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification. In this course, the team gained a deep understanding of social media, how to create captivating content with strategy, advertising fundamentals and how to grow online audiences. To receive this certification, one must complete a six-hour training course, followed by a 60 question exam, where they must achieve a score of 80 percent or higher.
“Through this course, I learned the fundamentals of social marketing strategy and how to use social media to optimize and engage in discussion with different online communities,” said Skyler. “Utilizing social media to communicate is vital for local governments and helps increase civic engagement, which I am grateful to support through Tripepi Smith.”
6. Junior Business Analysts Kalee Cummings and Kevork Kurdoghlian earned certifications in the Meltwater platform, an enterprise-class comprehensive media monitoring solution. The Meltwater courses provided Kalee and Kevork with insight on how to maximize the impact of Meltwater and be a stronger public relations, communications and marketing professional.
“The Meltwater training provided new insight into how to take advantage of the platform and its capabilities,” said Kalee. “I am looking forward to applying this expertise in our Media Intelligence services to deliver results for our clients.”
Congratulations to Team TS!
About Tripepi Smith
Tripepi Smith is a California-based marketing, technology and public affairs firm that serves for-profit, nonprofit and public agencies. Its unique mix of marketing and technology prowess provides a competitive advantage to agencies seeking to leverage the internet to achieve their communication goals. The firm provides full content creation services, including: ghost writing, collateral development, photography, video production, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing campaigns and website design and execution. Tripepi Smith clients include: City of American Canyon, City of Culver City, City of Cupertino, City of Daly City, City of Duarte, City of Grover Beach, City of Santa Paula, City of Indian Wells, City of La Cañada Flintridge, City of Lake Forest, City of Livermore, City of Napa, City of Paramount, City of Martinez, City of Tracy, City of Vallejo, CalChoice Energy Authority, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency, Santa Clara County Fire Department, Costa Mesa Sanitary District, Rowland Water District, California Contract Cities Association, California City Management Foundation, Renne Public Law Group, Bob Hall & Associates and Climatec.