Social Media News to Know: November 2022
Tripepi Smith’s Always-Be-Learning (#ABL) culture drives us to stay up to speed on constantly changing social media platforms. This knowledge empowers our team to track, interpret and adapt to the latest and greatest social media trends on behalf of the public agencies we serve. The following is the latest installment of our regular roundup of social media news you need to know:
- Google adds new search tools just in time for the holidays. One of the new tools expands on their current Augmented Reality (AR) features. It will allow users to virtually try on items such as make-up or shoes. These new AR features will expand the way people use their phones to interact with products and brands.
- YouTube expands comment translations and smart replies to more users. Both translations and smart replies have been available to some users for a while, but YouTube is now making it available for all. This expansion is great news because it allows more people to understand and engage in the comment sections.
- Instagram launches an update that allows users to add music to in-feed photos. Many instagram users utilize this feature already for stories and reels, but they will now be able to include it on their grids. Users will be able to add up to 90-seconds of music to each post. This will be a great way for users to create more engaging and interactive content.
- WhatsApp has started to roll out their new group chat update, Communities. Over the next few months, Communities will become available to everyone globally. This update allows users to join different chat chains for specific groups within their communities, such as neighborhoods, workplaces or schools. It will be a great tool for organizations to quickly and effectively get news and updates out to their communities while offering a higher level of security.
For more #AlwaysBeLearning insights from Tripepi Smith:
- Sign up for our email newsletter
- Add our RSS to your favorite RSS Feed reader
- Follow us on Facebook
- Like & Follow us on LinkedIn
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram