Social Media News to Know: August 2020
You may not always have the time to learn about the latest and greatest social media trends (let alone the luxury of resources and budget to implement them). Instead, let Tripepi Smith provide you with a regular roundup of social media news we think you need to know. Here are three stories that caught our attention this past month:
- Instagram launched Reels, which is very similar to TikTok. Reels is a way to create short, entertaining videos that can be shared to your story, close friends and in direct messages. If shared on your story, it will disappear after 24 hours.
- Facebook is testing advanced following options for users to customize their news feed and make it easier to get updates from Pages they are most interested in. Users will be able to designate specific pages as “favorites,” and choose whether they want to be notified about posts, videos and/or live videos.
- Instagram introduced Guides to create a supportive community amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. As of now, Instagram is focusing Guides on wellness content, which can be found in the Explore tab.
For more #AlwaysBeLearning insights from Tripepi Smith:
- Sign up for our email newsletter
- Add our RSS to your favorite RSS Feed reader
- Like & Follow us on Facebook
- Like & Follow us on LinkedIn
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
About Tripepi Smith
Tripepi Smith is an Orange County-based marketing, technology and public affairs firm that serves for-profit, nonprofit and public agencies. Its unique mix of marketing and technology prowess provides a competitive advantage to agencies seeking to leverage the internet to achieve their communication goals. The firm provides full content creation services, including: ghost writing, collateral development, photography, video production, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing campaigns and website design and execution. Tripepi Smith clients include: City of American Canyon, City of Culver City, City of Cupertino, City of Daly City, City of Duarte, City of El Cerrito, City of Indian Wells, City of La Cañada Flintridge, City of Lakeport, City of Lake Forest, City of Paramount,City of Rolling Hills Estates, City of Santa Ana, City of Santa Cruz, City of Tracy, City of Yuba City, Cal Choice, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Inland Empire Utilities Agency, Rowland Water District, Valley Water Company, California Contract Cities Association, California City Management Foundation, Institute for Local Government, League of California Cities, Renne Public Law Group, Bob Hall & Associates and Climatec Energy Services.