Orange County City Internet Strategy Analysis – October 2010
Tripepi Smith recently completed a follow up study on city Internet strategies for all the cities in Orange County. The analysis focused on the ways in which cities embrace social media, offer greater transparency and increase citizen access to their government.
You can download the report here: Orange County City Website Analysis – October 2010 (PDF)
Some interesting metrics that resulted from the analysis:
- 18 of 34 cities post video online of their council meetings
- 29 of 34 cities have posted the email address for the mayor our general city council
- 21 of 34 cities have a Twitter account
- 17 of 34 cities have a Facebook page
- Tustin continues to have the most Twitter followers with over 2,000 (as of 10/18/10)
- Fullerton has the most “Likes” of their Facebook Page with 5,276 people (as of 10/18/10)
Tripepi Smith has published this study with the hope that it will spawn a discussion among the public and cities about how social media is best used by cities. It may even provide some helpful feedback for a city on how to improve their own strategy.
If you are affiliated with a city in Orange County, you can contact the author (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get a custom report on your city’s performance.
Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve the analysis via email to the author at email@example.com