County of Merced Wraps Up Redistricting Process
The County of Merced wrapped up its redistricting process in December 2021 after engaging Tripepi Smith to implement an extensive outreach campaign. The Tripepi Smith team consisted of Principal Jennifer Nentwig with support from Business Analyst Sydni Overly and Junior Business Analysts Alex Applegate and Kylie Benzing.
“Maximizing resident input and engagement was a priority in this process,” said Deputy County Executive Officer Sommer Moniz. “Tripepi Smith understood this and was able to adapt when we added an additional community workshop or needed further communication to amplify our outreach efforts.”
To help the County engage its diverse communities, Team Tripepi Smith implemented an outreach plan that included:
- Creating a dedicated website at DrawMercedCounty.org
- Posting weekly social media posts advertising the redistricting process, upcoming public meetings and other resources
- Writing press releases announcing the redistricting process, upcoming workshops and other community engagement opportunities, including map drawing
- Designing five flyers to promote the County’s public hearings, workshops and map submission deadlines
- Coordinating social media advertising campaigns
- Conducting outreach to dozens of community groups via phone and email
- Developing an animated explainer video posted to the County’s redistricting website and shared on social media
“The County of Merced worked hard to get as much community involvement as possible, and they were very receptive to community feedback and input,” said Jen. “It was a pleasure working with the County in this effort.”
About the County of Merced
Merced County is located just north of Fresno County in the Central Valley. It is home to just over 280,000 Californians and has industries ranging from agriculture and manufacturing to tourism and retailing.
About Tripepi Smith
Tripepi Smith is a marketing, technology and public affairs firm based in Orange County, CA. Its clients include for-profit, nonprofit and public agencies throughout the state of California. The firm’s unique mix of marketing and technology prowess provides a competitive advantage for organizations seeking to leverage the Internet to achieve their communication goals. Tripepi Smith provides full content creation services, including: ghostwriting, collateral development, photography, video production, search engine optimization, email marketing, crisis communications, social media management and website design and execution. Tripepi Smith clients include: City of Santa Ana, City of Culver City, City of Rolling Hills Estates, City of Tracy, City of Santa Cruz, City of Snoqualmie, City of Cupertino, City of Daly City, City of La Cañada Flintridge, City of Paramount, City of Huntington Beach, City of El Cerrito, City of Indian Wells, City of Yuba City, Santa Clara County Fire Department, Industry Business Council, NHA Advisors, CalChoice, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Rowland Water District, California Contract Cities Association, California City Management Foundation, League of California Cities, Institute for Local Government, Renne Public Law Group, Inland Empire Utilities Agency and Climatec Energy Services.