Best Practice for Web
A website remains the cornerstone of an agency’s presence. It should act as a one-stop-shop for your residents and business owners to find the latest information on your City’s response to Coronavirus. Below is a list of tips and resources for optimizing your Coronavirus-dedicated webpage.
- Create a webpage with a short-form URL (EX: www.YourCity.org/Coronavirus) to consolidate information.
- Secure other Coronavirus-related Friendly URLs to make your webpage easier to find. Other URLs can include /Corona, /COVID19, /COVID
- Add your agency’s latest updates, press releases, hotline information and County, State and Federal resources to the webpage.
- See Coronavirus: Messaging (Web, Press, Email) for templates you can use to built out your page and other communications, such as press releases and emails.
- Optional: Add a link, popup, slider, button, etc. to your homepage for community members to find information easily.